College Scholarship Program
2019-2020 Essay Competition
The DriveSafe Driving Schools 2019-2020 Scholarship Winner is...
DriveSafe Driving Schools held an Essay Competition where the winner receives a $1500 scholarship. We requested a short essay describing why safe decision-making is so important while behind-the-wheel and how learning to make safe choices while driving can positively impact other aspects of your life. We are excited to announce that Becca Hockman, a student at East High School in Denver, CO is this year’s winner, chosen out of 400 wonderful entries. Becca plans to study either International Relations or Early Childhood/Middle School Education at Pitzer College in California.
ABOUT DRIVESAFE DRIVING SCHOOLS
With 12 locations across the Denver metro area and beyond, DriveSafe is the largest and most trusted driving school in Colorado. DriveSafe is committed to delivering the most comprehensive drivers education training across the state. Whether you are looking to enroll in a comprehensive classroom course, coming in for driving lessons, or opting to take the license test with DriveSafe, know that DriveSafe is trusted by more families in Colorado than any other driving school.
About this Scholarship
As an education company committed to preparing students for their future, DriveSafe Driving Schools celebrates educational opportunities and recognizes the importance of higher education in helping individuals reach their greatest potential. To demonstrate our commitment, we are pleased to provide the DriveSafe Essay Competition, the winner of which will receive a $1,500 college scholarship. To compete for the scholarship, students must complete the application and write an original essay of 500 words or less about safe decision-making and the role it plays not only while behind-the-wheel but in all aspects of life.
THE ROLE OF SAFE DECISION-MAKING WHILE BEHIND-THE-WHEEL AND IN LIFE
In an effort to teach the next generation about the importance of making safe choices, DriveSafe Driving Schools is sponsoring an annual essay competition for high school seniors and college students.
Write an original essay of 500 words or less that covers:
- Why safe decision-making is so important while behind-the-wheel;
- How learning to make safe choices while driving can positively impact other aspects of your life; and
- How developing your ability to make responsible decisions will help prepare you for the future.
One scholarship of $1,500 will be awarded to a high school senior or current college student to attend the college of his/her choice.
- Must be a high school senior or current college student with plans to attend college in 2020.
- 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Effectively addresses the topic.
- Convincing arguments supported with specific examples and evidence.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and logical reasoning skills.
- Communicates ideas effectively.
- Well organized.
- Correct syntax, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Written in a compelling and original manner.
- Winner will be notified on or around April 15, 2020.
- All essays submitted become the property of DriveSafe Driving Schools.
- The decision of the DriveSafe selection board is final.
- The scholarship winner agrees to allow DriveSafe the right to publish the entrant’s name, photograph images, all personal and other information (including general locations) for the purpose of DriveSafe and the competition’s publicity, promotion, and news (including use in broadcast media, printed publications, editorial and PR activities, and online).
- Application Due: March 1, 2020
- Winner Notified: April 15, 2020
- For a submission to be considered, it must include a completed Application Form and qualifying essay. Click here to fill out the Application Form.
- Essay Submissions must be received by 11:59 PM MST on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
- Essays may be submitted by mail, email, or online.
- Via mail: DriveSafe Essay Competition, 1658 Cole Boulevard, Suite 290 Lakewood, CO 80401
- Via email: [email protected]
- Via online submission: DriveSafeColorado.com/scholarship
- The DriveSafe Scholarship Competition is not open to employees of the company or their family members.
- The decision of the judges is FINAL and is not subject to review.
- The prize is exclusively for the winner and is neither transferrable nor exchangeable.